Monday, February 15, 2010

7-month stats and a cute video

I'm late as usual posting about their stats - I need to do a thing on the sidebar like I see on some of the blogs so I don't forget :)

We went to see a nurse just up the road - I can kick myself for not discovering her sooner. Eve - it's on Kloof Road. Lovely environment, not hectic like at the pharmacy I used to take them to get weighed, etc, etc.

While I was completing the form (they gave me two forms to complete but I was my usual stroppy self and told the girl to photocopy the one, staple it to the other and just change the baby's name and birthweight), Connor was flirting with one of the receptionists.

Seriously, he was smiling and even twisted his body and nearly flung himself out of my arms to keep her in his line of sight. Cute, but is this a sign of the future???

Connor

Height - 68 cm

Weight - 8.47 kg (he'd lost some weight in the two weeks since I'd weighed him, probably from all the rolling around)

Head circumference - 44.3 cm

If he was a normal 7-month-old baby, he'd be in the 50th percentiles. Using his corrected age of 5 months, he's in the 75th for height and the 95th for weight!

Kendra

Height - 63 cm

Weight - 5.76 kg (she is WAY too active to actually keep any weight on because these days she eats better than Connor)

Head circumference - 42.8 cm

Kendra is on less than the 5th percentiles for both weight and height - I don't even bother to get all the detailed stats anymore as the paed said she is on her own growth chart. Sounds a bit like, "she is on her own mission" which is also true :)

Basically they're doing well and everyone is very happy with how nicely they're eating. She also checked that they're both on vitamins with iron since they're prem (yes, on ViDaylin every single day since the day they were born).

That's it for another month.

I'm going to do a separate post on what they're up to as I started and I see there's a lot!

3 comments:

  1. Love the video!

    Also, thanks for the sleeping advice. I will try out some of the suggestions you got over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear they had a great check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - looks like they're both going to be kicking a rugby ball around before long based on the bashing the '7' got :) Very very cute.

    You take them to a pharmacy to get them weighed? I think we need a post about how baby care/observation works in our various parts of the world. We take ours to a free national series of baby clinics.... of course I'm curious about how yours works (and your healthcare system too for that matter...)

    Great growth team! They look so active and well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails