Thursday, July 08, 2010

Gosh! Things are moving

The speaking gigs are confirmed.

They are paying me my 50% deposit as we speak (yay!).

After dithering a bit on what to charge (as I've been out of it for two years what with the IVFs, pregnancy and baby stages), I just decided on a number and stuck with it.

I think I may have been a bit too low as they were VERY excited and said "great! we'll see you at the briefing meeting".

So off I toodle to Large Corporate on Tuesday and it turns out the client plus the event planner both had me in mind (separately) which is great and a nice confidence booster for me. Lovely when whatever you're doing marketing-wise somehow all works out. Even if you don't quite know what that is...

Three events are Jhb, Cape Town and Durban - 150 people, 50 and 35 people respectively. NEXT week!

But this is an EASY one for me - I need virtually no preparation as they loved the first topic I suggested, I don't need to prepare a slide presentation or handouts. Easy-peasy!

I just show up and do my thing.

Only thing is... I fitted on all my suits and they look disgusting on me (why, oh why are my thighs so fat!) so I'll be shopping this weekend in addition to having the babies' party.

Jhb gals - where can I find a nice suit quickly? I'll probably start with Woolworths...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on this too - what a week!!!

    How do you fit these events in around your other work? What are you going to talk about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! This is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting!! What do you talk about at your presentations? I know you do organizing/time management...is it along those lines?

    We used to have a Woolworth's here when I was a kid! It was like a department store, I guess, though I'm not sure they had clothes. I'll have to ask my mom. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails