Monday, July 12, 2010

Colder and colder


Just when I thought it couldn’t get any colder, it did.


When I walked out the door to get to my car this morning it was 2 degrees. It was the kind of cold that goes straight into your bones.

All the way driving to work the temperature didn’t rise higher than 2.5 degrees. That’s Celsius. Google tells me that’s 36.5 degrees Fahrenheit.

Remember we’re not used to this kind of cold in Jhb.

What do you dress your babies in when it's this cold?

Mine are wearing long-sleeved bodyvests, leggings, long-sleeved tops, jerseys and jeans. I told V she may have to put another jersey over the existing jersey. The poor kids look like Michelin men. LOL

See, we can't have heaters on unless they're caged in their cots because they are oh so curious and touch EVERYTHING.

I was very good last night in that I made a list of “stuff to do on the computer” and stuck to my list in order of priority!

Blogging on this blog was unfortunately last on the list and I skipped it in favour of reading and sleep because my nose was pouring like a tap and I had to take a Degoran.

I need to talk about the party and the baby crabbiness……D and I both rated the party as an 8 out of 10 (we do this with everything – it’s a quick way to gauge the other’s reaction to events without misinterpretation of words :))

I am slightly anxious at the thought of all the early waking up this week to get to the airports and catch flights as I am SO not an early riser.

On Wed I have to leave home at around 6.15 *shudder* and on Friday a more reasonable 7.00.
On the bright side, lots of time for blogging so I should be all caught up soon.

Also, will I be as good when I'm up on stage as I would be if I'd had more sleep? Hmmm, only time will tell. Hopefully the adrenaline will carry me...

Today I have to fetch my pants from the tailor (no, I can’t hem!), get my hair done and prepare my talk for tomorrow. I did the handout last night so am about 50 - 60%% prepared with content.

I'm in the mood for warm, comfort food tonight. What are your suggestions for supper?

P.S. Deanna, my title is How to organise any space and as it’s a lighthearted talk, I’m demonstrating with a disorganised handbag.

5 comments:

  1. You are asking the wrong person about warming, comfort food! We just got over a terrible heat wave. It was over 100 degrees Fareinheit! Right now our thoughts about food are light and refreshing. We had chicken sausage kabobs the other night, hummus and brown rice. Last night I made cheeseburger sliders with make-your own fixings (onions, pickles, relish, ketchup) and roasted veggies. Tonight we are having a pasta dish from a new cookbook I got. I'm very excited to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are asking the wrong person about warming, comfort food! We just got over a terrible heat wave. It was over 100 degrees Fareinheit! Right now our thoughts about food are light and refreshing. We had chicken sausage kabobs the other night, hummus and brown rice. Last night I made cheeseburger sliders with make-your own fixings (onions, pickles, relish, ketchup) and roasted veggies. Tonight we are having a pasta dish from a new cookbook I got. I'm very excited to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun talk...I think I could pay attention during that one! I can't imagine having to dress the kids to be warm without the use of heaters much during the day. 36 degrees(F) is pretty cold for us here in the south too...and without heat going all the time, that is COLD! Last winter, the girls wore footed pajamas all day, since they stayed at my mom's. They only even wore coats on Sundays! This year will be different since they will be in mother's day out--they will have to wear real clothes!

    Can't wait to see party pictures and hear all the details! I love the "number scale" system...may have to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AI, it is cold. Stews, lasagna etc are my comfort food. Or soup. Oh I wish I could hear your talk!

    I dress the kids warmly and in tracksuits - I am no fan of tracksuits, but definitely warmer than jeans. Or cords.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AI, it is cold. Stews, lasagna etc are my comfort food. Or soup. Oh I wish I could hear your talk!

    I dress the kids warmly and in tracksuits - I am no fan of tracksuits, but definitely warmer than jeans. Or cords.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails