Friday, July 02, 2010

Bouncing back


Remember the post where I said I've been feeling so uncertain about things?

Well, I'm bouncing back, due to a number of things:

1. I subscribed to the comments on that fantastic post (have you read the comments?) and this one popped into my inbox:

''He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away ''

2. I've been sensing God say a couple of things to me, the gist of which is "I am enough". I then decided that I am what I am, and the babies really could do worse than me.

If I haven't a clue, so what? I'm sure they can figure out a lot of things by themselves and if not, well, the R100 I pay Sister Carla every month is money well spent to keep me on track.

I know this deep down but it all goes when I start thinking too much. I need to just go with what I feel more (it's hard for me being a T).

3. A friend also told me I'm thinking too much. I love the feedback. Thanks, R.

I'm trying to parent intentionally but there's a fine balance between being intentional and thinking too much.

4. Sadia mentioned that she keeps her eyes on their parenting goals.

What a great reminder!

Our parenting goals are to raise happy, healthy kids who are independent and well adjusted.

Kendra brushing her teeth

Happy Connor

Of everything, I probably value independence the most which is why I loved 6 months so much! And then it just gets better :)

Do you have parenting goals? What are some of your parenting goals?

P.S. Please keep me accountable and tell me when I'm thinking too much!

3 comments:

  1. Ours are much the same - raising happy , healthy, self confident kids that know the true values in life.

    Glad you are keeping your head up - you know, often I say to myself _ "You are just doing the best you can right now."

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's this?

    Great post on not comparing yourself to others

    http://www.steadymom.com/2010/07/im-dreaming-of-mommy-bloggers-a-bloggers-carol.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked that post. Really, though, the goodness was in all the amazing comments. I liked that one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails