Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Discontinued

I have ridiculously crazy curly hair.

So when I find something that works, I remain totally loyal and buy that product religiously for years.

Years ago, out of the blue, the company stopped making the leave-in conditioner I'd been using to tame my crazy curls.

I was devastated.

Then I saw something on TV about a foundation that adjusts to the colour of your skin.

Rubbish, I thought. There is no way that could work.

But my eyes glinted as I heard the magic words - results guaranteed or your money back.

I'm always up for a challenge so off I went to buy a tube of this foundation and lo and behold, it actually worked!

I couldn't believe it.

I happily used it and when I saw it was about to run out, I went to replace it.

After trawling to a number of stores, someone eventually knew what they were talking about and told me the line had been discontinued.

Dismay!

So I went back to my second choice.

This weekend I went to replace my nearly empty jar and ..........

yes, it's also been discontinued.

Either I have the amazing "gift" of being able to choose things that will be duds soon or there's some weird makeup vibe going on.

This is most annoying as I now have to find time to go play with make-up in stores with unflattering lights (remember I hate make-up - I wear out of necessity and also not very much).

Can anyone recommend a good mousse foundation that won't leave my skin oily?


P.S. Kendra's temperature went below 37 once today and has been 37.something the whole day. However, when I checked her at 9:30 it was 38.8 again, so stripped her totally down and forced Panado into her. She then asked for water (love sign language) and that's how I left her... I want my feisty, little girl back!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have crazily ridiculously curly hair. I SWEAR by Aveda's curly line. It is the most low maintenance I have ever had to be. They make a hair thing called Be Curly. Expensive but never discontinued and is AMAZING with frizz.

    Basically my hair routine before Aveda was shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, mousse then hair spray if things got crazy. Now it is Aveda shampoo, conditioner and Be Curly and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that you can use Eizbeth Anns spacial baby shampoo to leave in for nice, non frizz curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat, I do use that sometimes. And it works great on day 1 but day 2 basically is a nightmare - looks worse - so have to wash and redo every day. With the other stuff, I could leave it for a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wearing foundation for only a few months, because I've never found anything that matches my skin until now. I love, love, love, love Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (it comes in an oil-free variety).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails