Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mr blue mouth

Today the kids didn't repeat their wonderful sleeping habits from the weekend and only took a morning nap.

As a result, they were MANIC in the afternoon.

In between all this craziness I'm trying to cook.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I spot a little boy whizzing past me in a I know I'm being naughty so best I ran as fast as I can way.

So I chased him and only caught up with him in the lounge.

Little 22-month-olds go fast on those tiny legs.

I must confess I screamed. Like a girl.

Because my little boy had a blue mouth, blue hands and his grey top was also splattered with blue food colouring.

D is the one who told me to go fetch a camera!

He'd got into my baking things.

Then I realised I have light carpets which are new (for us, two years is new) and screamed again for D to come collect him and take him straight to the bathroom for a bath.

Fortunately we had no drips anywhere and I removed the blue bottle.

I know I'm supposed to be cool, calm and collected but I'm afraid they already know I'm prone to the screaming.

Do you know that Connor laughed when I screamed?

Do you scream? Do your kids laugh at you too?

PS I had a WONDERFUL experience voting today and will tell you all about it with lots of pics tomorrow because I figured if I'm going to endure all that civic duty business, then I'm going to have fun at the same time.

7 comments:

  1. hahahah...I don't scream but Joel does laugh at me. A lot. Seems he thinks I'm being a clown when I put on my angry face. He never laughs at my DH though. I wonder why.
    Also had a wonderful voting experience with my kids. Was in and out quite quickly. Spent the rest of the day at home with Mr Green P**

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I can't imagine what went through your head when you first saw you sweet boy!!! So he is stained?!?! I am assuming so! I wonder how long it will take to wear off? Yes, my laugh when I scream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a screamer. For the most part they are scared when I scream and freeze. I save my screams for horrible things like big nasty bugs and things that make loud noises so I think they associate my screams with bad things. No laughs here.

    I do get laughs from screaming phrases like "Emma you better not jump off..." jump and giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Andrea, I thought he was stained but it washed off in the bath and he was my cute, clean boy again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have to smile, because we have several stories like this to relay. Just yesterday I made A and C wash our leopard trees trunks which they coloured blue with ink on Sunday. The bit of scrubbing did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also did my Civic duty by voting yesterday. I did not thought about taking pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I yell - they ignore!

    I get silent - they cry!

    They dont laugh at me but the stare at me blankly which is actually worse!

    They are so different though. Cameron hates being reprimanded so takes it personally. Kiara just doesnt care *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails