Friday, April 19, 2013

Bits and bobs


Well, it's been pouring with rain for most of today. I love the cold and rain so I'm good (tea, soup, electric blankets, what's not to love?) but I wonder how I'll feel tomorrow morning when I have to go to weigh-less and gym.

The baby book project is about 80% complete. Pics are chosen - the last months were done when I got home from work today. By the way, the project totally didn't turn out as I expected but more on that in a later post. Now I have to get them printed (I'm expecting the printing to cost about R500), put them in the albums and then they'll be DONE!
 

Aside from the photo printing, I'm planning to ignore my salary for a week :) Let's see how that works out for me.

My first week on site at the client project was good. I had no clue what I was doing for the first day of major work (Tues) so I was a bit slow but I'm mostly caught up now. I love it though because I'm insanely curious and it's like detective work. I can't wait for next week to dig in some more :)

The only problem is the lack of internet. I haven't commented on any blogs (if you've received a comment from me, you were the lucky one to have me read your blog from my ipad while eating lunch) this week and I'm behind on my GR despite cutting down to about 75 blogs last weekend. The internet thing is not a bad thing, per se, because it's forcing me to keep focussed on my work. Anyway, thank you for your comments and for hanging in there!



We had a farewell for a team member today - an internal move like mine was. Went to a place in the middle of nowhere in town (actually near Arts on Main - looks very dodgy when you're driving around there...). Food was beautiful (I was going mmm throughout) and the team is really nice.

One of the girls told me she's looking for something else because this is not a job to have if you have a family due to the lack of flexibility. Hmmm. She also said she doesn't think I'll make it 2 years! She has just reached her 2-year tenure (that's inclusive of the 5 months maternity leave) and is actively looking.

Isn't that interesting?


After we were done, I was about 5 mins from home. AMAZING for Joburg. Which means I could finally go get my one headlight globe replaced. It hasn't been an issue since I almost never drive at night but now that it's getting dark before 6 it needed to be done.

First thing the kids said when I arrived home, "why are you home so early?" This was just after 4 pm.

All in all, it was a good week for me.

How about you?
 

Connor's cot turned coffee table :)

This weekend I have gym, weigh-less (hopefully I've lost some more weight due to only having soup tonight), friend date, church but nothing aside from that except the baby book project and the usual photos. Although I started another Sinead Moriarty last night because I'm tired of reading Grace for the good girl :)

What are you most looking forward to doing this weekend?
PS Some of you saw the welcome basket of flowers from my new team on Facebook and Instagram that first day. At the end of last week I brought them all home, put them into 5 vases and gave Nanny S one. These are the other 4.

6 comments:

  1. Ngồi buồn rảo bước lang thang
    Ghé thăm cô bạn đôi hàng làm quen
    Cầu âu thắp sáng ngọn đèn
    Chắc gì biết được đỏ đen mà chờ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 minutes is really amazing for jhb!

    I opened another bank account yesterday so that I can start trading shares, so I'm super excited about that! (had a bit of a scuffle with the bank people about "standard" forms in the process, but I won and amended the one I wasn't pleased with).

    I am freezing...everywhere I go! It's going to be a long winter. As a major plus we slept in till 8:30 this morning, practically unheard of for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like days where it rain and is so cold that you can't go outside. I however sorted through some old photos of the days of my parents. Photos to come soon to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you split up the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting the kids noticed you were home early. And I do like how you split the flowers, I would never have thought it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lack of internet kills me at work. But I get A LOT done so there are some pros. This past weekend we did a beach walk followed by brunch with my parents. Then I had a friend date and we visited my in-laws. On Sunday I had a baby shower at a gorgeous venue which I seriously enjoyed! And my MIL got admitted to hospital in the evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails