Monday, May 05, 2014

My little superheroes... and your super powers

We went to a superhero party on the Saturday of the Easter weekend.

I was planning to make capes and add some felt or something when I happened to mention this to my most favourite ex-boss and he said, "oh, just take my cape" and grabbed his PA's one for the second child.

Perfect!







Cutest little superheroes!

I got almost no good photos because my standard kit lens was broken.

Speaking of which, I believe we all have super powers.

I remember I asked once on the blog what your parenting super power was, and the comments were great. My favourite one is still Pufferfish who said "follow through". I've seen her in action and I can vouch for that.

(go read the comments :))



Just for the record, I CRINGE when I hear people describe me as super-organised as if that is the main thing they think of when they think of me.

It may be weird but I that would be a very poor legacy for me.... and in those cases, I think "well then, I need to show some more of the rest of me".

Years ago I did a one word exercise as part of a networking course and had to ask 10 people what their one word was they thought of me. My favourite was from an ex-boss (I keep in contact with everyone I've ever worked with...) who said "passionate" :)

One of my super powers is that I genuinely care deeply about people... and I try to show them in little ways.

Over to you.

What are some of your super powers?

13 comments:

  1. Oooh I have many! My main superpower is being an encourager. I am excellent at encouraging and being a good support to people. Also. The feeler thing comes in VERY handy sometimes - ALL my super powers are based on that - I am very intuitive too! Do I sound like I'm bragging? I rarely do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are DEFINITELY an encourager and supporter. Brag away!!!

      Delete
  2. Has to be patience! God given and perfect in my circumstances. Tell me more about tthe capes in an office?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip, I often envy your patience especially when I see it in action :)

      Well, my lovely ex-boss now works in Marketing..... does that make more sense? :)

      Delete
  3. I can vouch for Julia being an encourager :))

    I am not sure what mine is? Making babies? mmmm let me think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely super talented at making babies.

      Perseverance and big-picture thinking is what I think of for you....

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:41 pm

    Cute! We have a super hero party on the 17th.. Liam has Captain America pj's.. planning on making him wear that, if he'll allow me to. Seriously? The super organised thing makes you cringe? It's meant to be a SUPER compliment!! I'd like to think my super power is finding humour in most things.. comes in useful in stressful situations, or breaking the ice, or making others feel less awkward, and especially with the kids, I think THEY think I'm pretty funny :) For now. LOL at Laura.. making babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! I think it's because honestly, anyone can learn to be organised. It's like saying, "wow, you're wonderful at Excel". What in the heck?! Then they probably don't know ME more than just superficially. Am I making sense?

      (not that anyone would say that to me!!!)

      Yes, your sense of humour is part of

      Delete
    2. .... your awesomeness! I love that.

      Delete
  5. You are definitely passionate. And I know you think being thought of as organized is cringe-worthy, but to me, it's a super impressive TALENT to be able to get and stay as organized as you do. It's like... beyond my capabilities to be that way.

    As for me, I think I'm pretty flexible and go-with-the-flow. I'm also amazing at procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Jayme, you always see exactly what it is I'm trying to say (not just now, on many posts!)

      And you are amazingly adaptable and flexible :)

      Delete
  6. My super powers are straight talking (or calling a spade a f-ing shovel as an ex colleague used to say), and finding funny in unexpected places. If you enjoy a chuckle in the midst of a crisis, I'm your clown. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! And I've experienced your superpowers many times :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails