Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Don't count your chickens

Remember I had that meeting with the big boss of that new dept?

It went well and they said they'd come back to me.

We spoke on Friday 1st and talked through a verbal offer.

I came back on the Monday and told them to go ahead with the letter and whatnot after seeing a dummy payslip.

After 4 days of waiting (yes, I'm slow) I figured something must be up so sent through a mail.

Get a meeting invite from HR as a response which can only mean bad things.

Long story short...

my non-negotiable, the increased job grade (and a resultant effect, increased salary), is a no-go.

I was, and still am, very disappointed. Especially since I thought the paperwork was

I absolutely believe that all of these "internal policies" would be a non-issue if I was a candidate outside the company.

For now, my best bet is sticking with my team.

I actually had the news on Friday already but it takes me time to process through things and think them all through.

Of course I sent the appropriate, professional email to all concerned to thank them, blah blah blah, to keep the doors open... but still, disappointed.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:13 pm

    You know what? You amaze me with your driven-ness (I realise that isnt a word). Ive been in the same position for a while now and quite honest cant stand it but Im far too lazy to look around and find something else and also a bit scared. You just go for it balls to the wall. Good on you chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear. I know how you feel. I'm up for a promotion with my current job and I'm not sure if I'll get it. I'll find out in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Sorry things turned out poorly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadia, your comment made me smile.

    "Poorly" is such a British word :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails