Monday, November 15, 2010

Panto decision & mother conflicts


Thank you all for the TONS of valuable opinions on the pantomime issue. I value every single comment (on every post, by the way) and am very thankful.

I really thought about it and was leaning towards not taking them when something happened yesterday that reinforced it for me.

When I was playing on the bed with Connor, there was a clap of thunder and he literally FLEW across the bed into my arms; he got such a fright.

The cuddle was lovely but I immediately felt so bad for him that the loud noise made him so scared.

So.... no panto for them just yet.

D and I will go alone, V will watch them and we will rush home afterwards to enjoy our gorgeous babies.





Now, today.

I had a strat again today from 8:30 - 5:30 and the plan was to leave home at 8:00 latest.

I have a thing about being late for work things, as in, I do not want to be a "typical" mother who is not taken seriously because it's "the kids this, and the kids that"

So I'm never late for early meetings.

Well, there was a taxi strike today so V was late and the minute she arrived, I started rushing around to get done. I was going to be 5 minutes later but that would still make me arrive on time.

Until I rushed out of my room and pulled the door shut on Connor's fingers.

I know, I know, Mother of the Year.

There was a moment's silence and then WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh my word, I felt terrible.

But remember I'm a J and I have values of achievement and accomplishment :)

My instinct was to just hand him over to V and race to work BUT............ I suddenly thought, "hold on, what is MOST important here? Being on time or being there for my little boy"

And so I sat down for 5 minutes with Connor on my lap and gave him lots of cuddles while he sobbed and sobbed.

When D heard this story, he said, "and Connor played it for all its worth" :)

I ended up being 10 minutes late but I felt better for having taken those 5 minutes with the boy.

Of course, when I phoned home at lunch time, V told me that Connor only cried for a few more minutes after I left :)

And that was today!


P.S. Katherine, thanks for telling me about Huggies Gold. I went to get some on Friday and Kendra's been dry for 3 nights in a row which makes me very, very happy :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I did that to Matthew twice in as many days! I felt horrible. That's when I decided that I needed to slow down...it just wasn't worth all the rushing! Here's the post if you're interested...it's quite graphic and hysterical if I do say so myself!

    http://thejoyofivf.blogspot.com/2010/02/take-your-bid-out-for-mother-of-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai, juggling all those balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would have stayed too. Breaks my heart when I accidently step on toes or squish fingers. ... I think it makes me feel better too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails