Monday, November 22, 2010

A lovely day

Doesn't that sound like a Joanna Trollope novel?!

Today I took a sick day - my first "normal" sick day in 5 and a half years.

I have been off sick before but only for the laparoscopies/ laparotomies which doesn't really count, does it?

Anyway, it was lovely.

Despite the light-headedness.

  • I finished 3 books. Before you're amazed by my super-fast reading skills, I was 20 pages into one, 20 pages away from the end of another and about 40% through the third, so I'd say I read 2 books. All non-fiction.
  • I played on the floor with the babies. Because of the light-headedness. And because that's what I do so they can crawl all over me.
  • Went to get my hair blowdried. That was a necessity. The hairdresser is a block away and strangely enough, I was fine driving.
  • Wrote out a few Christmas cards.
  • Logged onto work and did about an hour's work (which would have taken 2 hours in the office)
  • Cooked!
  • Wrote my newsletter
All in all, a good day.

D came home from work pooped from looking after me and the babies this weekend and was fast asleep at 9:30 :)

Now onto the reading...


I mentioned last Wednesday that I was reading two blog books.

Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay - Stefanie Wilder-Taylor


I found this book honest and refreshing and, of course, funny. After she wrote this one, she went on to have twins. One of which had TONS of problems. I read her blog for awhile but at that stage we were worried about Kendra's eating and reading this one fuelled by crazy. So I stopped. Maybe I should start again?

It sucked and then I cried - Heather Armstrong

This is the famous Dooce's book. I honestly don't recommend it. I found it rambly and most of the book seemed to have absolutely no point. Like I couldn't tell what the point was of telling a particular story. Maybe it's just me?

Did any of you read either of these and what did you think?

P.S. Thanks to those 3 books, I've already reached my reading goal for the month. Go me!

7 comments:

  1. I'm usually the biggest bookworm, and it's taken reading this post to realise I haven't read anything in ages!!! Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to read again... I wish I enjoyed it as much as I once did. I have lost any attention span I once had. But it other news, I'd love to be at St. James station-miles away from my snoring husband!

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabine, left a message on your blog, but Motherstyles!!! And Baby Whisperer.

    Mandy, maybe more non-fiction? Sippy Cups was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ag that sounds like just the best of days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a fabulous day :) I sent you an email. No rush to reply, just when you can.
    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a virus or something of the sort too. Jeremy had to take care of me all day yesterday. Glad you had a good sick day though! My girls are spending the night with grandparents tonight, so I'm hoping to relax and catch up on my reading.

    I have not read either of those books. I thought about reading Dooce's one day...but I feel so far removed from those post-partum feelings, I just don't know how much I would relate at this point. I am a terrible non-fiction reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erg...I hope you're feeling better soon!

    You probably are, but I'm behind on blogs...as usual.

    I put that one book on my list b/c you mentioned it and now I'm taking it off b/c you mentioned it. You keep me guessing, lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails