Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kitchen experiments and more on the bee sting



The bee sting is super annoying. It is itching like crazy, so much so that it woke me two nights last week because the itching was that bad.

I actually went to the pharmacy yesterday to see what they could do but apparently all this itching is normal. When I asked when I will know that it's not normal and need to take action, she looked at me like I was crazy. I must say, I felt very dismissed. Not good, Clicks!

Today I put on some Mylocort, put a plaster around the entire finger and no itch whatsoever. Either my little hack is working or the bee sting is working its way out.

In any case, I really would never like to have this happen ever again!

Connor doesn't believe in leaving any white space on a page, or gaps between words. It's a cool effect though.

We made playdough this week. I then left the kitchen, the kids got into the blue food colouring, it was a huge mess, so I banished them to the bath.

I then made another batch which was perfect. Really. And then the third batch yesterday didn't want to get unsticky so we added a lot more flour than anticipated. But it's all well in the end = happy kids. Best, D and I get lots of time to read every night after baths (30 - 45 minutes) while the kids made us "pizza" and "cake". Divine.

I thoroughly recommend it. My recipe - 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, 2/3 cup boiling water, 2 TSP oil. Mush together, add more flour if too wet, add some essence (I did lemon to Kendra's batch and vanilla to Connor's) and or food colouring. And Bob's your uncle!
 
this one was having a tantrum....but isn't the light gorgeous. My friend with the twins, C, got her mum to make us these pillows when the babies were real babies. They're the most well-used baby gift ever (certainly the longest-lasting) other than the bottle steriliser. I should do a post!
Speaking of kitchen experiments, I also made rice crispy treats. I bought rice crispies for the party but we don't actually eat them so I had to use them up somehow. They're interesting, not my thing at all but the kids like them.

I tried to add in some chocolate to make it a bit more interesting, forgot that Cadbury's never ever melts, so there are random blobs of chocolate scattered throughout. Hmmm.


I've been very busy making my vision board. VERY happy with how it's turned out. It's 96% done and tomorrow once I print the last few photos I need, I'll take pics and show you. I must say, it's extremely satisfying to cut and paste things. Once you start, it's all systems go!

I also spent some time this evening selecting photos for my #marciaturns40 mini album - both photos from the birthday lunch and those from my actual birthday (6th). Can't wait to get those too so I can show you.

Okay that's it - my warm bed is calling to me, and so is my tea.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. On my last bee sting I had a head ache for 3 days, but no itching that I remember.

    Our weekend was CRAZY busy, but fun. I am exhausted though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the bee sting is better but it does take some time with some people. We love playdough ( but I do the cook one with gliserine as it does not go '"off" and keeps for months. And I hate food colouring actually.

    Cant wait to see the vision board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:14 pm

    Oooh I must make some playdough for Kade - think he will enjoy making it with me actually. Glad to hear the bee sting is getting better but try get some Anthrisan ointment and rub it on - EXCELLENT for insect bites/stings etc.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I had a fantastic weekend. Road trip to photograph Canola Fields. And knitting date on Sunday at the Laundry place. Was divine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails