Tuesday, August 05, 2014

The last day of my thirties

The party series continues  - thanks for commenting over there :)


Well, today is my last day of 39... and my last day of my thirties.

Such a funny thought because, of course, I feel exactly the same as before... except slightly more navel-gazy ;)

I'm suffering from a slight vulnerability hangover as Brene Brown calls it. It's when you've been vulnerable, shared and there's that feeling of oh my word, why did I share? for whatever reason (you feel like you've overshared, or the response wasn't great and resulted in shame, etc.)

Anyway, so that's where I'm at for now.

I feel like being a bit quiet while I think about things some more.



But in other news, I'm on holiday at the beach! With D, the kids and my mother. The most unprepared holiday ever.

I packed at 10:30 on Monday morning and we left just after 11:00. Yes! As a result, for bottoms I only have two pairs of shorts, a sarong and a dress... plus the jeans I was wearing. No rude comments please!

I have big plans this week - I plan to read 2 - 3 books, go for walks every day and take lots of photos while having good family time.

So far, so good.

I had my birthday party on Saturday and I am too surprised that I got no books. That's got to be a new record. I am 100% sure I have got at least one book for every single birthday probably for the last 15 years. So I TOLD D today, please for the love.... buy me a book off my Amazon wish list tomorrow. I saw him on the computer earlier so I think we'll not break the chain :)

What are you reading at the moment?

I'm reading a Sinead Moriarty, Pieces of my Heart :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Hope your 40's is a wonderful and blessed period in your life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps: I think you packed enough for a beach holiday! Sounds perfect to me

      Delete
  2. Happy happy Bday! I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful year. Life begins at 40 after all. I am reading The One Plus One (Jojo Moyes) and of course 3 other books on the side as I do. I loved Pieces of my Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went on holiday to Malaysia recently and did not wear one full suitcase of clothes since it was too hot. The summer clothes I packed consisted of 4 dresses, 2 shorts and 2 T-shirts. For 2 weeks they were in circulation often. You packed enough for a beach holiday.

    Happy birthday and may all your heart's desires come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:06 pm

    I once went on holiday to Namibia with Cliff with a pair of crop jeans a sarong and about 4 t-shirts and my bikini. That's it!

    I am reading Fault in our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you on the vulnerability - am going to blog about it soon. Also. You have packed MORE than enough clothing for a beach holiday - unless of course you don't swim. Then you're going to have a HUGE problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...**really** hoping your package arrives!!! ;)

    I just ordered a book from my Amazon wish list, one you suggested ages ago on boundaries. On the eve of me starting back to work, I know I need to read it!

    Hope you've had a blessed birthday, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a stunning birthday. Enjoy the beach...for me it is 6 weeks and counting for our 2 weeks in Plett. Gosh, I have been reading "The little old lady who broke all the rules" for the past month and still not complete. I guess is just doesn't grab me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:34 am

    Did you get your book from D? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails