Sunday, December 21, 2014

Insta Sunday... the (mostly) food edition

I'm in that crazy mode of clearing out and cleaning up, and before I deleted some photos from my iphone, I thought I'd post a few photos that didn't get instagrammed, or that needed some extra explaining :)


From left to right, on each row... because I'm too lazy to put numbers on each photo.

  1. The official school photos. here are the ones I took in the morning at home.
  2. I had lunch with Jeanette mid-November and it was LOVELY. I still need to schedule a follow-up...
  3. Finally got my Spanish exam official report.
  4. I posted my tomatoes snack on IG and Shayne recommended a spice that I happened to have at home. Well, we now have tomatoes sprinked with Ina Paarman's Rosemary and Olive seasoning all the time. Get it - you will love it :)
  5. First batch of biscuits baked for friends. I've scaled down so much from those early years where I baked and baked, and made tins and tins of treats for friends. A lot of people said, "oh, you shouldn't have" and so I didn't :) Anyway, this one was delegated to the new nanny and it's a tried and trusted recipe so impossible to mess up. Well, I packaged and handed this over on a Sat. On the Sun evening I had one with my tea and it was terrible. So I told them I'm making more and this time I personally made the biscuits and they were lovely, as they should be.
  6. MandyE's girls send C & K an ornament craft every year. Due to the slow post, it arrives early in the New Year so I pack it up with the Christmas things and it's SUCH a pleasant surprise when we unpack everything. These were the ones they made this year - love them!
  7. These were what we did for teachers' gifts. This one is for the security guard so it is plainer than the rest but for the ladies, I put fancy gift tags and "from the kitchen of..." labels too.
  8. The second can of biscuits for our friends.
  9. A colleague received a gift of 3 individual Woolworths fruit cakes (haha!). She shared them in the office and this was my one. OH MY WORD - delicious. Seriously. But I went to look and they're R80 for the pack so a bit too expensive to buy these for individual servings :(
Have you done any baking this year?

OH!!! I must tell you about something EASY and super-yum I made last month.

Chocolate chip bars

1 packet muffin mix (any brand) - 500 g (I used chocolate)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 Milky Bar slab (roughly chopped) - optional

Mix it all together.

It is a dense mixture so don't panic - you can't mess it up.... unless you burn it.

Spoon into a greased pan and smooth out so that it's about 1 cm thick.

Bake for about 8 - 10 mins in a standard 180 degree oven. You should check it about 2 mins before the time and stick a toothpick inside to see if cooked through. If not, pop in for a minute at a time and keep checking.

It's easier to keep checking than to burn it - not that I'd know ;)

When you remove from the oven, let cool and cut into slices/ bars/ squares, whatever takes your fancy.

Even D LOVED this and he is not a person who likes sweets!

Let me know if you try it - seriously, it's super easy. You know if I say it's easy, then it's EASY!

3 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to bake some cookies, but it's so bloody hot I don't feel like switching on the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally with you on that one! I only cook when it rains - so far we're making do - I can't bear that hot kitchen.

      Delete
  2. I made a bananna and granadilla cake for Christmas day and also did a Hazelnut and Ginger Torte... Loved making them but our oven is now not working and I cannot bake anything... which is not a bad thing cos then i have to eat the stuff and well that's no good for the waistline!

    xxx

    PS - why are we no longer able to use our wordpress identities to post comments?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails