Saturday, December 20, 2014

Detailed posts to follow but I'm back from holidays


Connor said something amazing (at least to us), "Daddy, isn't it strange how 7 days goes quicker than 4 days away?"

We looked at each other and thought, "FIVE?!"

But that's the truth.

We went to the Drakensberg in April/ May for 4 nights and this time we were away for 7 nights, and I swear this felt shorter.

Connor and I are the same thought - we LOVE being away and we LOVE being back.

We stopped at that ginormous place on the N3 (Bergview) and he said to me, "I wish I could be in Jhb NOW" and I said, "SO DO I".

Because heat + two chattering/ whining twins + heat = discomfort.

When we got back this afternoon, we unpacked the car and my rule is to unpack everything there and then before anything else because I can't bear a house with STUFF lying around without purpose.

D, Connor and I were unpacked within 20 minutes and Kendra took 2 hours....

Story of my life.



I'll be back in the next few days with more tales of the Twins who Lost their Ears, the Mummy who Shouted too much, the GORGEOUS rusty car and all of our 3 best things about being away on holiday.

What were you up to over the last 7 days?
PS Louisa, how was the party?

3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to see the car pictures! Please tell me you went back. We have an unspoken rule, trips are not more than 3 days, unless we're leaving the country. I can't be bothered to plan and schlep stuff for that many days; this family thrives on schedule.
    P.S. Connor looks suddenly more mature and HUGE in that picture. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    The party was perfect. We all had a super time and it went more or less how I planned it. Today I can hardly move I'm so stiff, and Nicola is still sleeping! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on blogs today, I didn't read one post while on holiday but I got up to a lot of caring for kids, cleaning, cooking and ironing. Did not feel like a holiday AT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails